I came across a site today that is super cool – it’s about being a food renegade, which the site describes as “lovers of SOLE (Sustainable, Organic, Local, and Ethical) food, traditional food, primal food, REAL food, the list goes on.” (I found the site on a blog where the author was talking about her addiction to baggies; yay, I’m not alone in my ziploc addiction!)
I’m not necessarily sold on the benefits of only raw food; there are some foods that are more nutritious when cooked. I don’t know if I can drink raw milk. And while I love grass-fed meats, I can’t always afford it.
But I’m definitely a “label nazi” and I almost never use processed foods. I use butter, and almost always organic butter and when I can find it, from grass fed cows. Of course, I’m not the only one who lives in my house, so I’m not a purist. Darling husband likes margarine and chips and is addicted to Diet Coke. And I love a nice cold regular Coke once in a while.
In other words, I’m thinking healthy and living realistically, trying as best I can to balance the two. I don’t know if it makes me a food renegade, or just a wannabe.
But this site is really informative. If you’re interested in sustainably farmed foods, organics, etc. check it Food Renegade.
RELATED FUNNY FARM POSTS:
- Nick Tahou’s Garbage Plate one of 50 Fattiest Foods in America
- Overdosing on artificial food – when the stuff I eat makes me itch
- I have Popeyes’ chicken for dinner and eat forty-leven million calories
- Product recalls – do you really know what you’re eating?
- If we are what we eat, then we’re corn
- Where is your milk from?
- General Mills sued because Fruit Roll Ups are not nutritious; I say “Duh”
- The Worst Kids’ Foods in America