To: The Joy Cluck Club
From: Mrs. Wiggins, club secretary
Date: Friday, February 26, 2010
Good morning, Cluckies! Here is the report from Camp Cluck for the week ending February 26, 2010.
- An unscheduled maintanence was performed this week on the roof over the exercise yard. The maintance man was able to add additional support without interferring too much with daily camp activities. Ethel should feel more comfortable coming out into the yard now.
- Several new afternoon snacks have been served this week, including spaghetti and cracked corn. All agreed that they were a welcome change to chick crumble. There have been rumors floating around camp this week that there is going to be a major change in the camp menu. Will update as new information becomes available.
- A snowstorm has buried Camp Cluck this morning. While the Lady came out and cleared a path for Mrs. Beasley, Coco and Aunt Bea to do their morning rounds of the yard, it is recommended that all Cluckies stick close to the coop porch or run the risk of being swallowed by a snowpile.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Beasley, who made her first cross-run flight this morning! She took off from the coop porch, flew across the exercise yard, and landed almost at the door to the Outside World. The practice runway has been cleared, but due to the snow, flying lessons are cancelled for the day.
- And last, pictures from our last photo shoot are now available for viewing. Very nice job, ladies! Lucy, you especially did a lovely job working with the hairy beast.
And that’s the update this week from Camp Cluck!