Mrs. Beasley and CoCo are outside the minute I open the coop. I put out 200 mealworms and the entire flock scrambled out to scarf them down!

I’m still having trouble with the waterer. It started as soon as I got the thing back in November and I still haven’t figured out how to keep it from overflowing.

It works on a vacuum principle, so that the jug holds a couple of gallons of water that trickle out to keep the pan full.

Except that it just keeps coming out, and I keep coming out to find the pan overflowed and the coop floor wet. So I’ve started just capping the spout. Except that water is still leaking out somewhere. Grr.

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s