Go to my website
Keep in touch
- Big Knockers, Fringe Festival, and Local Characters
- The Trouble With Technology
- Dance of the Jingling Multitasker
- Musings on newspapers, news, and neighbors
- The dangers of leaving your dog in the car – it’s hotter than you think
- Life lessons from a Border Collie
- Musings on wind storms, RGE, and the luxury of power on demand
- Child abuse, excessive caseloads, and Monroe County’s CPS
- Why all of the posts all of the sudden?
- Musing on pregnancy, abortion, and becoming a human
50 thoughts on turning 50
“What The Dog Said,” is on sale now!
All articles and photos (c) Joanne Brokaw (except where noted) All rights reserved. For permission to reprint articles or photos, email the author.
We support Compassion
I thought it would be fun to put a harness on Murphy and take him outside on a leash. Turns out that when he finally got out, all he wanted to do was lay around and eat grass. Which, ironically, is the same thing Scout likes to do when he’s not chasing bubbles or glo-balls. (What’s with our grass? Maybe I should give it a taste.)