We spent the day yesterday at my in-laws hunting camp in Ossian. David had some work to do, so our daughter and her boyfriend, my niece and my mom came down to hang out. To quote my friend Robbi, “A good time was had by all.” (And you’ll notice there’s not a single picture of me from the day. When my family looks back on these years from now, I hope they remember that I was there.)
Go to my website
Keep in touch
- Musings on wind storms, RGE, and the luxury of power on demand
- Child abuse, excessive caseloads, and Monroe County’s CPS
- Why all of the posts all of the sudden?
- Musing on pregnancy, abortion, and becoming a human
- My dog eats a live bird (musings on animals doing what animals do)
- Mama Mia, Don’t Break The Pasta
- The strangest dream: the incredible, growing house
- The election, fear, and an opportunity for change
- Election 2016: What would Susan B. Anthony do?
- Highland Park, paupers, and bodies in unmarked graves
50 thoughts on turning 50
“What The Dog Said,” is on sale now!
All articles and photos (c) Joanne Brokaw (except where noted) All rights reserved. For permission to reprint articles or photos, email the author.
We support Compassion