We spent the day yesterday at my in-laws hunting camp in Ossian. David had some work to do, so our daughter and her boyfriend, my niece and my mom came down to hang out. To quote my friend Robbi, “A good time was had by all.” (And you’ll notice there’s not a single picture of me from the day. When my family looks back on these years from now, I hope they remember that I was there.)
Go to my website
Keep in touch
- Musings on political (un)affiliation
- Big Knockers, Fringe Festival, and Local Characters
- The Trouble With Technology
- Dance of the Jingling Multitasker
- Musings on newspapers, news, and neighbors
- The dangers of leaving your dog in the car – it’s hotter than you think
- Life lessons from a Border Collie
- Musings on wind storms, RGE, and the luxury of power on demand
- Child abuse, excessive caseloads, and Monroe County’s CPS
- Why all of the posts all of the sudden?
50 thoughts on turning 50
“What The Dog Said,” is on sale now!
All articles and photos (c) Joanne Brokaw (except where noted) All rights reserved. For permission to reprint articles or photos, email the author.
We support Compassion